Upcoming Meetings

County Commission / Board of Education
March 17 • 6:00 p.m.

County Commission
April 2 • 6:00 p.m.



Special Events

Brandon's Run

Easter Egg Hunt

Run for Holland

Fire on the Mountain
Blacksmith Festival

Rec Department

Fall sports registration sheets are now available (PDF files):

Baseball & Softball

Code RedCodeRED

Mitchell County residents can sign up for our CodeRED emergency notification system  here.

Waste Collection

Recycling SymbolMitchell County Convenience Centers and mobile waste collection services have resumed their summer hours of operation.

Regional Media

April Meeting Changed

The Mitchell County Board of Commissioners will hold their regular meeting for April on April 2, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. in the Commissioners Conference Room located in the Administration Building in Bakersville, NC.

Photo of BaseballRec League Baseball

Registration for 2015 Mitchell County Recreation baseball and softball is now through March 27. You can download the registration form here (PDF file, open with the free Adobe Reader which can be downloaded here).

Questions? Contact the Recreation Department.

Pay Taxes Online

Mitchell County residents can now pay their property taxes by debit/credit card or by electronic check through our new online tax portal.

PLEASE NOTE: a convenience fee wil be charged by a third-party vendor who is providing the payment service.

To access the new online system, visit mitchell.webtaxpay.com.